EYELINER TATTOO AFTERCARE INSTRUCTIONS
Proper aftercare is required to achieve optimum results. Some intensity of colour will be lost, and/or the colour may heal unevenly. This is normal and the reason for the follow up appointment; to fill in any light areas, to go a little darker or thicker if desired and to adjust shape or colour if needed.
You will have anywhere from slight to heavy swelling. This depends on the amount of histamines in each client’s body. You may have bruising. You may appear as though you have been crying or have allergies. The eyeliner will appear thicker and darker than what it will look like when it heals. Do not touch the site. Do not wash. Do not get wet. If there is lymph fluid you may blot gently with a clean cotton pad or bud. No contact lenses for 5 days. No eyedrops.
The morning of day 2 is most likely when the swelling will peak. The darker and thicker appearance lingers and the area will feel tight and tender. You can use a cool pack, not an ice pack, to help reduce the swelling. Dampen paper towels or cotton pads with water and place in the fridge for 30 minutes. Place near the site 10 minutes on and 10 minutes off. Sleeping with your head slightly elevated can also help.
Less swelling. The eye tissue still feels tight and drawn. Peeling begins. Do not pick, peel or scratch as this could result in your colour healing uneven, as well as the risk of scarring and infection.
Some feeling of pinching and itching is quite normal. You can start using the ointment provided today. Ointment is not necessary to help with healing but it can help ease the itchy feeling. Use for up to 3 days.
To use; wash the area using the green soap provided, very diluted. Use a very light touch cleansing the area. Gently pat or air dry and wait 15mins to apply. Using the tiniest amount, apply the thinest layer possible to allow the area moist heal. Using too much can cause pigment loss. Allergic reaction to the ointment is extremely rare but possible. If you feel like you are getting a reaction, cease immediately.
DAY 5-7 AND ONWARDS
Dark outer colour continues to flake off and you will see a softer, thinner eyeliner. Colour may look greyish or ashy until the colour clarifies. You can go back to wearing contact lenses from today. The procedure will take 4 to 6 weeks to heal.
Wait 8 weeks before applying eyelashes, eyelash extensions or lash serums. Lash Serums and other like products have been documented to lighten the tattooed colour on some occasions.
- Do not touch the treated area unless necessary and only with clean hands
- Avoid very hot showers and steam. Keep the site out of the water as much as possible. No direct shower spray on the area. Wet your face last when showering and for the minimum amount of time.
- No exercise or activity for the first 10 days that may cause sweat in the procedure area or your face to heat up. Avoid activities which cause dust, dirt or dander to potentially land onto the area for the first 3 days; pet grooming, gardening, dusting, etc. Wearing glasses outdoors can help protect the area.
- Avoid sun exposure on the site for the first 10 days and avoid prolonged sun exposure after healing. Sun exposure can cause the pigment to fade or change colour.
- No topical makeup on the area for a minimum of 5 days. Topical makeup is bacterial and your new procedures needs time to heal to avoid irritation and/or infection. After any eyeliner procedure, please use a new mascara.
Want to make a booking?
Book and make changes to your appointment online, at any time of the day or week. Consultations are free and always a pleasure.