Can I wear mascara with lash extensions? The short answer is yes and no. You don’t need to wear mascara if you have eyelash extensions. After all, extensions solve the problem mascara tries to fix.
Nevertheless, some people prefer to wear both. And, there are times you may prefer a more dramatic look. It is also a quick and temporary solution to add fullness to extensions that are overdue for an infill.
Some tips to wearing mascara over lash extensions:
– Wear a water based mascara. Oil based mascaras can shorten the life of your extensions. If you are not sure if your mascara is water based, there are specially formulated mascaras on the market for eyelash extensions such as Max2 Mascara Gold.
– Apply the mascara from mid lengths to tips. Never from the base as this can pull at the extensions.
– If you are using mascara to hide long-needed to be filled extensions use the tip of the mascara brush and apply on the natural lashes where there are no longer extensions. Then using the long side of the brush lightly apply over all the lashes.
– Make sure you thoroughly remove the mascara with a water based cleanser or remover to prevent build up of residue around the base of the lashes.
– All in all, the less you touch your extensions the longer they will last.